1. Creative Commons License
All data and pages available from WDCC are licensed under a Creative Commons License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/de/deed.en) as far as those conditions are not in any way modified by the following conditions or by any conditions specific to data or pages.
2. Special data owner conditions
You must agree with the special data owner conditions, these can be found via the WDCC user interface (http://cera.wdc-climate.de/):
- Enter the name or acronym of the WDCC entry into the search box and click on the magnifying glass
- Click the blue label (e.g. 'experiment' or 'dataset group') in the result list
- Special data owner conditions (if any) are listed as 'License' and 'Access constraints'.
If there is a conflict between the creative common licence and the special data owner conditions, the latter shall have precedence.
3. Always quote reference
Articles, papers, or written scientific works of any form, based in whole or in part on data supplied by WDCC, will contain an acknowledgment concerning the supplied data. Always quote reference of the experiment in the citation index when using WDCC data.
Citation information can be found via webbrowser using the WDCC user interface (http://cera.wdc-climate.de/):
- Enter the name or acronym of the WDCC data object into the search box and click the magnifying glass
- Click the blue label (e.g. 'Experiment' or 'Dataset Group') in the result list
- The citation information can be found in the 'Cite this data' block of the metadata page
Jacob, Daniela (2005). REMO A1B SCENARIO RUN, IPCC PROJECT, 0.44 DEGREE RESOLUTION, RUN NO. 001501, 1H DATA. World Data Center for Climate (WDCC) at DKRZ. http://cera-www.dkrz.de/WDCC/ui/Compact.jsp?acronym=REMO_IPCC044_A1B_1_R001501_1H
Roeckner, Erich; Lautenschlager, Michael; Schneider, Heiko (2006). IPCC-AR4 MPI-ECHAM5_T63L31 MPI-OM_GR1.5L40 SRESA2 run no.1: atmosphere monthly mean values MPImet/MaD Germany. World Data Center for Climate (WDCC) at DKRZ. https://doi.org/10.1594/WDCC/EH5-T63L31_OM-GR1.5L40_A2_1_MM
In addition to your comments and suggestions, we are VERY interested in how you use the data we distribute. We would be most appreciative if you would send us a line or two describing your application of these data to
4. Used freely for research only
Data from the projects available on the WDCC server may be used freely for research only.
Non-research use of WDCC data
If you do not feel able to accept the conditions for access to the WDCC research data service, you may still be able to acquire data via WDCC Data Services. Please contact
5. Personal account
The WDCC will provide you with a personal account and password. If you copy, distribute, display and perform the data you may do it only under the conditions identical to this one. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password(s) you are given to access the WDCC Site, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password(s). You agree to notify WDCC immediately of any unauthorized use of your password(s).
All downloads from WDC-Climate are audited.
7. Share alike
Any person extracting data from this server will accept responsibility for informing all data users of these conditions
8. Liablity / Warranty
- The data are delivered to the user without a warranty of any kind. The user is aware that the data were generated in keeping with the current state of science and technology.
- The WDCC assumes no obligations on the basis of this agreement towards third parties. There is no liability of the WDCC for any harm arising from the delivery and subsequent processing of the data products. The user exempts the WDCC from any liability towards third parties.
- The disclaimer under 8 (1) and (2) does not apply if and in so far as the WDCC has acted with gross negligence or with intent.
9. Other provisions
- If the user is a merchant, a legal person under public law or a special asset under public law, Hamburg shall be the place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from this use agreement.
- Should there be one or more provisions in this agreement that are void, in whole or in part, then this will not affect the validity of the other provisions. The invalid provisions will be replaced retroactively by an arrangement as similar as possible in content and coming closest to fulfilling the purpose of the intended provision.